Monday, October 13, 2014

The Mortal Instruments... The Series


Even I have to admit that one of the weakest book to screen adaptations as of late was The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones.  I wanted to love it, I really did.  Hell, I even supported the movie in spite of it's suckage just to do my part to get a sequel.  That's right, I paid to see it in theaters 3 times and purchased the Blu Ray/DVD combo pack.  So, what do I have to show for my years of faithful reading, ticket buying, and shameless promotion of a less than stellar movie?  Do I finally get to announce City of Ashes is coming to our screen with Sigourney Weaver as the much maligned Inquisitor?  Of course not.  Were getting a TV series.  Now I'm grateful to at least be getting that, mind you.  It just feels a little cheep at the moment.  Lets just hope they do this one justice.  That they actually follow the source material and give some creative control to Cassandra Clare.  Which is a possibility, since television rights are sold separately from movie rights.  She could have negotiated for a totally different set of parameters.  So, lets cross our fingers for a great cast and a stellar script.  A return to the world that we know and love.  Till next time Hunters!
By the Angel!

No comments:

Post a Comment